A pregnant 19-year-old woman, Marlen Ochoa-Lopez, who went missing turned out to be murdered by 46-year-old Clarisa Figueora who had offered her free baby clothes, who then removed her baby from her womb.

Met in a Facebook group

The younger woman was nine months pregnant then, and had responded to Figueroa’s offer of free baby clothes within a Facebook group for expectant mothers, the Associated Press reported.

She had driven from her high school to Figueroa’s address in south-west Chicago, four miles (approximately 6.43km) away from her own home.

When Ochoa-Lopez arrived, she was strangled with a coaxial cable and had her baby cut out from her body.

A few hours later, Figueroa called emergency services, claiming that she had given birth at home, and “her” baby was not breathing.

First-responders tried to resuscitate the infant boy, before transferring both the Figueroa and the baby to a nearby hospital.

On May 7, friends directed detectives on the case to Ochoa-Lopez’s Facebook account, showing her interaction with Figueroa within the Facebook group they had communicated in.

At that time, Figueroa had also started a GoFundMe campaign what she said was her dying baby’s funeral, which has now been taken down.

When police arrived to question Figueroa about Ochoa-Lopez’s disappearance, her daughter, Desiree Figueroa reportedly told them that her mother was in the hospital with a leg injury, before adding that her mother had just delivered a baby.

Body dumped in a trash can

The police returned with a search warrant on Tuesday, May 14, after DNA tests showed that Ochoa-Lopez and her husband Yiovanni Lopez were the parents of the baby.

Blood was found in the hallway and in the bathroom, along with cleaning supplies.

The 19-year-old’s body was discovered in a trash can at the backyard of Figueroa’s home.

First-degree murder charges have been filed against Figueroa and her daughter.

The mother’s boyfriend, 40-year-old Piotr Bobak has also been charged with concealment of a homicide.

The police claims that the trio were planning to raise the baby as their own.

The baby is reportedly in a grave condition, though the family is praying for a miracle, with Ochoa’s husband calling the baby a miracle that his wife left him.

Top image adapted via Facebook and ABC7’s website

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to get the latest updates.

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *